I started working on projects in the summer of 2013. You can check out my open source projects on Github.
Here are some of the best ones:
Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMPs) for Flipkart mobile website.
In summer'16 I interned at Flipkart and worked on Progressive Web App of Flipkart (Flipkart Lite).
Impact of my work:
- As of now, over 1.5 crore product pages now have an AMP page.
- To view an AMP page of any product page, simply append
/amp/after flipkart.com url.
- We are one of the first e-commerce company in the world to do it.
- Performed web quality and performance tests. The loading time improved by 3X.
- Reduced total no of network requests from 38 to only 11.
- If the user is directed to AMP page from Google search results, the load time is expected to be 4X faster.
InstantMusic is a python module which instantly lets you discover and download music without knowing the exact title/artist of the song.
This project trended at #1 spot on HackerNews for the whole day and was featured in Top Trending Python Repositories in Github.
JEEQuery is a full fledged QnA Django web app, similar to Stackoverflow, exclusively for students preparing for IIT-JEE exams. It was made to help students discuss question and asnwers with other IIT-JEE aspirants.
The app includes:
- Facebook login authentication
- College/ School students groupings
- Upvoting question/answer, flagging inappropiate submission
- User repuation, based on the quality of Question asked or Answers submitted.
- Questions tagging
- User profile
DTUmart is a Django web app that enables students in the same college to buy/sell study materials with each other.
The first version of this app was written by me in 2014 and was called BVPmart, as it was for BVCOE students only. Later after success for BVPmart, I worked with my brother Bhirgu Srivastava to create a similar app for his college - Delhi Technological University students, and it was named DTUmart.
- Facebook login authentication
- A user can submit an advertisement of the study study material he wants to sell. Additional information such as product description, price and phone number must be provided.
- A user who wants to purchase an item, can explore Ads categorically (Semester wise) or perform searches. With each product ad, the contact number of the seller is mentioned. The buyer can thus directly contact the seller and make exchanges in the college itself.
DTUmart has recieved over ~200 Advertisements posts in just 2 months.
Stalky is a Django web app that instantly lets you discover all social profiles of popular celebrities.
It is powered by a simple web crawler which searches for social profile links, indexes them and tries to verify the accounts using official Facebook/Google APIs.
This app trended at #1 spot on subreddit /r/UsefulWebsites
Tweef is a chrome extension which adds a "Share on Facebook" button on every tweet in Twitter.com. This enables users to instantly share an individual tweet on Facebook.
Image Pastry is web app that lets you instantly share images.
It generates a unique URL for your image which can be shared with anyone.
To explore more projects of mine, please check out my github repository.